Sustainability is one of the core commitments in UBC’s Strategic Plan. In an effort to meet the University’s initiatives, UBC Robson Square is consistently looking for ways to expand our environmental awareness and reduce waste created on our campus.
Recycling Streams at UBC Robson Square
- Organic Waste Stations are available throughout the UBC Robson Square site.
- Paper and Newsprint – Can be recycled in any of the blue recycling bins on campus or in 1 of our 5 stainless steel recycling stations located on the plaza and classroom levels.
- Beverage and mixed use containers – Can be recycled in any of the grey recycling bins located in our meeting rooms or in 1 of our 4 stainless steel recycling stations located on the plaza and classroom levels.
Before placing your batteries in the collection, please segregate them into the following two categories:
- Non-Rechargeable (Alkaline batteries, AA, AAA, D 9V, lantern batteries). No extra packaging is required. Put these batteries directly into the battery recycling box.
- Rechargeable Batteries (cell phone batteries, laptop batteries, electronic batteries, cordless hand-tool batteries) and lithium primary batteries (button batteries, camera batteries). Place in the plastic bags provided.
Battery drop off location:
UBC Robson Square Front Desk Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm